- VitPlantToysforTots1The Vit Plant raised $15,000 in toys and cash to donate to the local Toys for Tots organization.
- VitPlantToysforTots2Glen Carter, local Toys for Tots coordinator, accepts the donation from the Vit Plant team at a celebration on Tuesday.
- VitPlantToysforTots3Vit Plant employees Jim Dace and John Arnold load donated toys.
- VitPlantToysforTots4Vit Plant employees Kirk Flieger and Kyle Baer load donated toys.
- VitPlantToysforTots5Scott Ferrell, Vit Plant employee, and Glen Carter, local Toys for Tots coordinator, load donated toys at the jobsite on Tuesday.
Vit Plant Donates $22,000 to Toys for Tots and Bikes for Tikes
The Hanford Vit Plant team donated $22,000 in toys and cash to local the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves’ Toys for Tots and Local 598’s Bikes for Tikes campaign. Local Toys for Tots coordinator and former Marine Glen Carter was at the Vit Plant today to accept the donation.
“Every year, we see growing need in the community and, every year, the Vit Plant team steps up and helps us meet that need,” said Carter. “We are grateful for this longstanding partnership and the Vit Plant’s commitment to helping us ensure every child in our area has a toy this holiday.”
Of the donation, $15,000 in toys and cash was designated for Toys for Tots. An additional $7,000 was raised for Bikes for Tikes. Donations to Bikes for Tikes helped purchase and assemble 1,600 bikes for the community, including some that are designated for Toys for Tots.
“We have an incredible team that gives generously to the community where they live and work,” said Valerie McCain, Vit Plant project director. “These organizations are instrumental in helping spread joy and hope to children in our area, and we are proud to support them.”
In 2022, the Vit Plant team donated nearly $300,000 to local organizations, campaigns, and programs, such as United Way of Benton-Franklin Counties, Second Harvest, and Junior Achievement.
Contact: Darcy Richardson, (509) 371-2273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place. Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com