Bechtel Charitable Giving Guidelines
Bechtel National, Inc. is pleased to be a part of the Tri-Cities community and welcomes the opportunity to help support important causes and groups.
The Bechtel contribution guidelines reflect the major areas the company emphasizes in its philanthropic activities. To the extent possible, the guidelines also align with the community’s greatest areas of need. Bechtel’s community investments are focused on education (in particular STEM), health and human services, arts and culture, and programs that advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in the Tri-Cities area. Requests should:
- Be submitted at least 60 days prior to your event or deadline.
- Align with Bechtel’s charitable giving categories (listed above).
- Benefit those living and/or working in Benton and/or Franklin counties.
If you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact us at WTPGiving@bechtel.com.
Requests can be submitted via this online form.
In general, Bechtel does not make contributions to:
- Individuals, including grants, loans, scholarships, or subsidies for basic services
- Organizations or programs that pose a potential conflict of interest
- Fraternal organizations
- Individual public or private schools
- Political or partisan organizations
- Sports fields, teams or individual participants
- Groups that promote a specific religious doctrine or require religious involvement to benefit from a program being sponsored
- Annual giving campaigns or recurring gifts
- Requests that are not in writing.
Bechtel reviews requests throughout the year and does not have a prescribed timeline for responding to requests. Submitters will be notified in writing of the disposition of their request.